The Mensarius Oath is an ethical code of conduct for venture capitalists.
The Mensarius Oath has been publicly agreed upon by thousands of venture capitalists worldwide. It is the ethical framework of the Decile Group, and abiding by the principles of the Mensarius Oath is required to be part of the VC Lab network.
As a financial professional that invests in enterprises using personal or investor capital, I hereby pledge to honor these values. If it is determined by myself or a panel of my peers that I have violated these values without reconciliation agreed between all involved parties, then I will voluntarily leave the industry.
- With my dealings, I create positive outcomes financially and otherwise for all of those involved, including the conscious avoidance of harm to any parties.
- In my profession of finance, I endeavor to help create positive outcomes for all of humanity.
- Being in the industry, I will help others to achieve the highest standards that I set for myself and my organization.
- As a steward of the trade, I work against any abuse of power that leads to unfair advantage, seduction, corruption or mistreatment.
- As a person who can affect the outcome, I commit to reducing inequality and increasing fairness in society.
- In honor of the community, I pledge to treat all that approach me with fairness, equality and the attention that each opportunity deserves.
- As part of my work, I keep all matters that are understood to be private with all available protections to keep safe from public or other unwanted disclosure.
- As a professional, I am open and honest in all of my dealings with those that I serve, including Investors and Founders.